Friday, February 29, 2008

My Favorite Photo of my Dad



This is my favorite photo of my Dad. He is in his WWI uniform. I think he is very handsome but, of course, I am prejudiced. He served in the army a short time.

He grew up on a farm in Kansas and was quite a baseball player according to some of the newspaper articles I read. If my memory serves me right, he tried teaching in the little home town school the year after he graduated. He decided he needed to go to College and then teach. So he attended Ft. Hays State College in Hays, KS. Then he did teach school in Alden, Sharon Springs, Chase and another eastern Kansas town, the name of that town escapes me right now. He also served as a principal in one school.

In 1930, he took a test to become a clerk in the Ness City Post Office. He got the job because his service as a veteran gave him the needed "points" to get the job.

1 comment:

Jeanne Craine said...

Beejay-your blog is fantastic-May I list you on my Favorite Links? You have such a beautiful flair in your blog posts!! Jeanne