Saturday, February 9, 2008

Darkness

This is something I wrote in January, 1992. It has some thoughts I would like to share.

I have seen the darkness before the dawn. It is a deep lonely darkness. Out of the darkness of our lives comes the lessons that enable us to walk our pathway - the experiences that give us strength to continue.

Our lives have degrees of darkness and light from the blackest time when we think the sun will never shine again to the most brilliant - almost blinding - light that comes to us.

I have walked in darkness when the light was only a dim memory - almost a dream. Then at some unexpected moment the light suddenly reaapeared to shine all about me.

Looking back I often can see the turning point when the darkness started to recede. Sometimes it is so gradual that I missed the beginning of the change. So it only seems the change is sudden. When the dawn comes and defeats the darkness, my spirit rises like a bird on the wing.

Darkness may come again into my life. As long as I remember that the light always vanquishes the darkness, I can continue walking through the darkness because I know the light will shine again.

No comments: