Sunday, August 9, 2009

Working at College Drugstone

I am not sure exactly when I got the job at College Drugstore in downtown Aggieville. I think it was probably second semester of my freshman year at K-State. My three years' experience as a "soda jerk" at Rexall Drugs in Ness City made it easy for me to get the job. Experience always helps. I worked there all my sophomore year also.

College Drugstore is located across the street from the campus and about five blocks from the dorms. The Campus Bookstore was next door and Palace Drugs (if I remember right) was across the street and down a little ways.

There were two pharmacists, Vern and Bob. Vern, the older, was very dapper with a nice mustache. Bob was somewhat heftier and younger. Two older (than I) ladies worked there; one was Edna and I don't remember the other lady's name. I still have photos of all four of them along with the local policeman who stopped in for coffee.


This part-time job helped me pay for some of my college expenses. I served many cups of coffee in the three semesters I worked there. It was a fun job working with nice people.

No comments: