Saturday, August 22, 2009

Jewelry Favorites



The six-strand necklace and earrings were a gift to Patti. These necklaces are made with seed beads, Swarovski crystals of many colors, and some little silver beads. I love this particular clasp. I have made seven of these six-strand necklaces; five belong to individuals and two were given for silent auctions. Of course, the first one I made is mine! Stringing the six strands takes about 3 hours. Then Don puts the finishing touches on by adding each strand to the clasp.

The bracelet is another "caterpillar" and belongs to me. The clasp is a button from my Mom's button box. The crystals are amethyst, violet, dark sapphire, chrysolite (pale green.) There are Czech fire polished beads, pale green and light amethyst pearls, and seed beads. These are the embellishments on the top of an amethyst seed bead base. This bracelet takes about 6 hours to make.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful as always! :)

Unknown said...

both are beautiful but I love the bracelet. I want to learn how they do that bracelet. I saw an all button bracelet and all button necklace once I would love to learn how they made that! I have tons of momma's old buttons.