Saturday, May 7, 2011

Patti



Patti graduated from Marion High School. She chose to attend Buena Vista College in Storm Lake. She auditioned for a music scholarship, which she received. So she packed up to go to college.

It was about a five hour drive. We loaded up the car and the four of us headed out.

Patti's Dad had become a fan of country music. It just happened to be "Loretta Lynn weekend" on the radio station. We listened to many hours of music with a Loretta Lynn song being played every other song.

It was many years before I could listen to a country music station - and I still don't want to listen to Loretta Lynn!! Enough was too much for me!

We got Patti moved in to the dorm. She had a double major in vocal and instrumental music.

We left her there and drove home. We were about ten minutes away when I cried. Tony couldn't figure out why I was crying.

It was hard to let Patti leave the nest. That time comes to all parents, however.

I visited the campus for Mother's weekend. One of the other mothers from Marion drove.

I also visited Buena Vista to see the musical "Guys and Dolls." Patti had a singing part. It is a really fun musical!

Patti transferred to Coe College in Cedar Rapids for the last two years. It was nice to have her back.

She practice taught instrumental music at Marion High. It was fun to watch her direct at one of the concerts.

No comments: