Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Poem

This was written in Denver, Colorado, when I visited my Mom and brother Bill. The words all came to me while I was reading a book. A very insistent message came to me to put down the book and write the words. It took a couple messages before I put the book down. The words were all there. I did not change one word.

April 21, 1991
In a book I read
"I'll speak to you day and night,"
You said.

The messages that come
By day
I hear and see
with small delay.

Those messages that come by night
Seem to be hidden
From my sight.

I ask from you
Some hints
To help my struggles
Make more sense.

I ask that you
Open my eyes
That I may see
Your planned surprise.

I ask that you
Open my ears
That I may hear -
Even through my tears.

I give you thanks
For all of these -
The messages I
Hear and receive.

As you guide me
On my way
I give you thanks
Every Day.

No comments: