Thursday, February 17, 2011

Family Dinners

Wednesday evening we attend "Food Court" at our church. Some of the women of the church prepare meals from September through May. It is a nice meal and only costs $4 for adults.

This past Wednesday, Patti and Michael brought 6-year-old Lynsie and 2-year-old Teygan. The girls' Mama, Jessica, joined us. The food was good and the fellowship was wonderful!

This brought back memories of Sunday family dinners at home when I was growing up. It was always a time to catch up with the happenings in my brothers' lives.

Mom provided good food and we all joined inthe fellowship and fun. My brothers liked to tease me, especially when I was a teenager. They made comments about any boyfriend I had at that time.

When I went away to college, the regular family dinners became more sporadic. Brother Bill moved to Colorado, Dick moved to Arizona and Bob moved to Kansas City, I believe. Then when I started teaching school, we moved to Junction City, Kansas. So these family dinners usually happened in the summertime.

Those family times then , as these times now, give us all a chance to make wonderful memories.

No comments: