Monday, October 4, 2010

Precious Memories


These items are precious for various reasons. The top left, middle, and bottom left have to do with Rainbow for girls. The ribbon was presented with the certificate for the Grand Cross of Color. The two pins on the ribbon and the large pin in the middle were probably purchased at the Grand Assembly meetings.
The Kansas pin is from Kansas Girls State which I attended the summer between my junior and senior years in high school. It was held on the campus at Kansas University. I learned a lot about how government at every level works. It was a very good experience for me.
The middle right pin and the two bottom pins were purchased when Tony and I went to the Ukraine to work with orphan children in summer camp. I will write about that at a later date. I love the pins and brought a dozen or so back to give to the people who supported my trips.

No comments: