Friday, February 19, 2010

Helix bracelet and beaded bead earrings


This Helix bracelet is from a pattern in the "Step by Step Beads" November-December 2009 edition. It is a fun bracelet to do. I've seen several if thse bracelets at my favorite beading store, Bead Haven in Cedar Rapids. Last week when I went in, my teacher Jeanne showed me her Helix bracelet. It was beautiful.

I used opal quartz beads in the center, the same as Jeanne used, with light sapphire bicones on both sides plus teeny-tiny light blue seed beads The "beaded" bead earrings used the same opal quartz, light sapphire bicones and the teeny-tiny blue seed beads. I am very pleased with this set because it goes very nicely with denim. The opal quartz takes on the light blue shade.

The bracelet and the earrings are fun to make.

1 comment:

Jeanne Craine said...

BeeJay, Such beautiful work!! A stunning set!