Thursday, July 16, 2009

What I do When I am Not Blogging




My jewelry-making teacher tells me I should be publishing my jewelry items to the blog so you all can see what I am doing when I am not blogging. The top photo is of corona earrings; the middle is a "caterpillar" bracelet; and the bottom is a "sidewinder" bracelet. These two types of bracelets are my favorite ones to make. The sidewinder goes together in about 2 hours. The caterpillar bracelet has a base layer and then embellishments on the top. It takes about 8 hours to complete.
The ladies in our families get jewelry for gifts. I think they like that!

Of course, making jewelry is not the only thing I do when I am not blogging. I am also very involved in genealogy research. This is an addictive hobby just as working with beads is addictive. You can see, I need to limit the addictions in my life so I have time to do other things.

My memories have come to an important part of my life that needs more thought given to what I write. So that is happening also!

1 comment:

Tony and Lisa said...

You DIL very much loves getting your beautiful creations as gifts!!! Thank you - I love wearing them! And I'm proud of you for making them.
Love,
Lisa