Thursday, June 26, 2008

Clothes from the 50s





These are some of the clothes I wore when I was in High School. The only things Mother did not make were the sweaters and the pleated skirt. The first picture is of the pleated skirt and sweater - Mom did not make this. Note the "waist cincher" that was style then. The second picture is of black velvet blouse with a plaid satin skirt - Mom did make this. The third photo is a straight skirt she made of a pair of Dad's pants - She was ahead of her time using menswear fabric! The fourth photo is a 2 piece corduroy skirt and "weskit" - this is like a vest. Note the scarves we wore at the neckline of blouses and with sweaters.We also wore penny loafers and anklets. Hemlines were about 4" above the ankle.

We also wore corduroy jumpers with long-sleeved blouses. I loved sraight skirts with kick pleats in back. Most straight skirts had a split in the back up to about the knee so we could walk in them.

Mom once bought me a neon green sweater with white printing on the front. I don't think she read the printing because it said, "Sharp curves ahead!" I do not know what she was thinking when she bought this. I guess she just liked the colors! i did not wear it very often!!!

We wore our jeans rolled up about three rolls - so only about 4" was between the bottom of the jeans and the top of the anklets!

These were the stlyes I wore when I was in high school. The poodle skirts came later!

1 comment:

Tony and Lisa said...

You were so adorable! The fashions were so cute in your younger days!
Thanks for posting,
Lisa